Perfect Mothers day gift
Roses on Mothers day will never go old fashion! Says Madame Rosette from Madamerosette.com
From the earliest times, indeed throughout the history of civilization, people from around the world have held the rose close to their hearts. The earliest known gardening was the planting of roses along the most travelled routes of early nomadic humans. Earliest roses are known to have flourished 35 million-years ago and hips have been found in Europe and petrified rose wreaths have been unearthed from ancient Egyptian tombs.
Roses in Ancient Historic Period
- The Romans outdid the Greeks when Nero, the hedonistic emperor, 1st century AD, dumped tons of rose petals on his dinner guests.
- Cleopatra had her living quarters filled with the petals of roses so that when Marc Antony met her, he would long remember her for such opulence and be reminded of her every time he smelt a rose. Her scheme worked for him. Such is the power of roses.
- Not only in Christian literature, also in ancient Confucian and Buddhist religious documents we find references to the rose.
- The Romans cultivated this great beauty and named it Rosa Gallica. Newly married couples were often crowned with roses.
Roses in Modern Period
The era of modern roses was established with the introduction of the first hybrid tea rose, "La France" by the French breeder, Guillot in 1867 . This variety was considered unique for a number of important horticultural reasons-
1) Hybrid tea rose possessed the general habit of a hybrid perpetual rose.
2) The elegant shaped buds of hybrid tea rose.
3) Free flowering character of a tea rose.
By the late 20th century, more than 10,000 hybrid tea roses were bred with great success. Introduction of 'La France' heralded the era of modern roses.
The renewed interest in the garden rose came with the 19th century empress - Josephine, wife of Napoleon Bonaparte. This ambitious woman's dream was to establish a rose garden in Malmaison containing a collection of all the roses of the world.
Eternity Roses, lifetime roses or roses that last a year.. Now days we have this beautiful natural roses grown with special fertilizers that make them last up to a year! isn't this what every women like? to have roses from some one special that last for a long time!! Well Madame Rosette have their eternity rose collection for you and you can find them at: Madamerosette.com